Jimmy, brand owned by Xiaomi, does not stop releasing new products via its "H" range including the H8, the H9, the H9 pro and H8 Pro, object of this test. This variation offers you, for barely 237 €, an engine of 500W, 25KPa suction and 160 AW. That is to say, it is more powerful than the Dream V11, the T20 or even the Roborok H6 which only offers 150 AW, for a little over 1,5 kg. A featherweight for a remarkable power? We tested it for you!
Jimmy H8 Pro: unboxing
Le Jimmy h8 pro is delivered in a white cardboard, rather thin and of poor quality compared to what the competition does. We are entitled to a photo of the product and a typed summary of the characteristics. Always the same thing, but we now know that the brand does not put money into the packaging. The problem is always the same because this box does not support transport quite well, fortunately the different elements are well wedged in poly (1-phenylethene-1,2-) protections.diyl) expanded! Dimensional level, it is 70 x 20 x 31 cm for 6 kg about.
The Jimmy H8 Pro being a "pro" version, it has everything you need as accessories to differentiate itself from the basic version (H8). You will have the joy of unpacking:
- The motorized main brush. This is the main element of the vacuum cleaner. The brush as such is ABS-type plastic and will have two features that are not found on the versions Jimmy h9 pro neither JV 65 More, JV 85 ou JV 85 Pro. Which ones?
- A pair of roulette. Located at the back of the brush, they will make it easier to pass the broom and gain maneuverability. This is a very big strong point. The little touch of color is also welcome.
- An easy release system of the brush. And that is not luxury. We were tired of scratching our fingers trying to dislodge it from its housing. You pull on the cleat and presto, the side is removed and you easily remove the brush. This is very good, but why? Why why ? Because the H8 Pro comes with a single Fluffly brush or Soft if we use the language of the manufacturer. It's good to have a simple mechanism ... which will be of little use ...
All-purpose, this brush will serve you daily for all floors. Indeed, even if more suited to hard floors, our tests have shown that it can also be used on thick rugs or carpets. But in this case, be careful that it does not block. The motorization means that the "roller" which is inserted in it will also rotate at a speed depending on the suction force of the vacuum cleaner. There is a system to prevent the fibers and hair from wrapping around the Fluffy.
This blue, red and black roller is covered with a soft coating featuring two types of hair. The flexible (blue and red) will allow fine dust and small debris to be brought back into the suction mouth. Black hairs are more short and hard. They will make it possible to "scrape" the ground and surfaces.
- A mini motorized brush for mattresses, sofas, sofas… It also uses a simple opening system. Turn the small handle to the side and release the brush head.
The roller is a biomaterial roller: red flexible plastic strips that will strike on the thick and soft surface to be cleaned in order to dislodge the dirt at the base. The soft bristles will brush the dust in suspension. Be careful not to use it on fragile materials.
- A 2 in 1 crevice tool, a 2 in 1 cushion nozzle and a soft brush. These little accessories will help you to go through narrow or delicate spaces. The soft brush will be useful to you to pass on the keyboards or the curtains for example. The crevice tool on the cushions… On the other hand, the quality of these elements is really not on the same level as that of the rest of the vacuum cleaner : plastic of very average quality, acceptable finish at most and difficult to use because very hard to release. It is therefore always the same weak point on all the brand's products.
- A flexible and expandable hose. This 50 cm long pipe (90 to 100 cm in elongation) will allow you to go through difficult to access places such as in a car for example. You will insert it at the level of the suction of the vacuum cleaner and you will be able to put the nozzles that you have just seen there. No electric brush that can be used with because there is no electrical connection.
- An articulated connection. It will come to be put at the end of the main pipe in order to reach the tops or the bottom of furniture for example. As for the hose, it will not be possible to use the motorized brushes with it.
- Aluminum main fixed tube. With its 66 cm, it is the essential element of your vacuum cleaner, used with the main mechanical brush. It is very light and its purple color is the same as that of the JV 85 Pro . But this choice of colors is always well regarded, especially as we find touches of the same shade here and there.
- A battery with 7 modules of 3000 mAh in order to have a significant power over a significant period of time for this type of product. As for the H9 Pro, you will also have a charging dock for the battery, in addition, of course, to the proprietary charger.
- And, specific to the Pro version, you will have a vertical storage stand. To be more precise, it will allow you to stand your upright vacuum cleaner but no storage of accessories (except the flexible hose or one of the nozzles). He will not allow also not load the H8 Pro. It is simply a tray of 29 x 30 cm for 1,3 Kg, with a foot that will block the main motorized brush.
You will have two ways to charge your H8 Pro. Either by putting it on the storage stand and plugging the charging plug into the back of the vacuum cleaner or by removing the battery and putting it on the single dock. You can also charge one battery in advance on the dock while the other is in the vacuum cleaner.
Except for the three suckers, the quality of these different accessories is really excellent. The finishes are very good and qualitative. The plastics are of very good quality and the aluminum parts perfectly painted with the purple color specific to this product. But now let's look at the vacuum cleaner as such.
Jimmy H8 Pro: the body of the vacuum cleaner
The H8 range is above all in a high-end segment in the sense that the brand has decided to equip it with its patented horizontal bi-cyclone engine. The latter gives its characteristic shape to the H8, but for once in a smaller format than the H9 or the JV85. We have a fairly small body compared to the other models: 35 x 16.5 x 18 cm for 1,5 Kg (without accessories, with 2,6 Kg, or 500 g less than other references such as the H9 Pro). Difficult to remain unmoved by this design rounded and futuristic enhanced with its metallic violet color.
Engine 500 W digital brushless allows him a 55% efficiency for 110.000 rpm and develops a suction power of 25.000 Pa or 160 AW ..
Le patented horizontal cyclone system avoids suction losses, by limiting the vortices in the dust collector, homogenizes the air flows and avoids the constrictions. Where some vacuum cleaners will generate 12 cyclones, the H8 Pro only develops 2 in order to limit the resistance of air flows and therefore gain power.
You can remove the main body easily in order to have access to the dust container of 500ml and the entire cyclonic filtration system. It is indeed noted that the emptying of the dust container is easily done by opening the side cover via the small valve but you may sometimes have to remove the entire cyclone. Hair and hair will indeed have difficulty getting to the end of the tank, will wrap around the filtration grid and will have to be removed by hand, by pulling on it.. They will not fall alone when opening the bin. Hence the need to remove the entire filtration body. Be careful because 500 ml of dust container does not want 500 ml available. You have the cyclone and filtration system in it, so you will only have 200 ml maximum left.
There is of course a HEPA filter (high efficiency airborne particle filter) capable of capturing 99,97% of particles 0,3 µm or larger. Ideal for pollen. You will disassemble it by turning the metallic plastic salmon cylinder. He is removable and washable in order to allow it a longer lifespan. Besides, brush rollers and cyclone are also washable. But be careful to dry it well before reassembling everything because otherwise your vacuum cleaner will suck the water remaining in the elements and will burn.
Regarding the technical characteristics:
- Brand : JIMMY
- Model : H8 Pro
- Battery : Li-ion, 7 subunits of 3000 mAh. This type of battery has a fairly high energy in terms of restitution but a low autonomy.
- Aspiration : 160 Air Watts maximum
- Air flow NC
- Engine power : 500 W
- Dimensions : 350 x 180 x 165 mm
- Suction force : 25.000 Pa
- Weight : 1,5 kg without accessories. 2,6 Kg with.
- Autonomy : up to 70 minutes in Eco mode without motorized brush (30 minutes in turbo mode, 15 in max mode) and 38 mins with brushes in Eco mode (20 min in turbo mode and 13 in max mode).
- Loading time : 3 to 5 hours
- Sound level : 80dB max
- Charging station : stand to store it upright and charge it directly on the body of the vacuum cleaner and unit charger for battery
- Tank-Jug : 500 ml
- Accessories : HEPA filters x1, brushes x2, nozzle with brush x3, aluminum hose x1, tank x 1, extendable hose x 1, fitting x 1, unit charger x 1
- Other : Power supply x1, vertical storage stand x 1, user manual x 1
Le Jimmy h8 pro therefore has quite interesting characteristics with regard to its price and size. It will differentiate itself from other products in the range and from competitors through its size and its power-to-weight ratio with its 25 KPa and 160 AW ! For info, the Dreame V11 develops 150 AW.
Jimmy H8 Pro: everyday use
In order to get a good idea of the beast, we tested the Jimmy H8 Pro for several days. You can also see some of these tests in our YouTube video (do not hesitate to subscribe to our channel and like, it always makes you shed a little tear of joy).
One thing is certain, we were amazed, in every sense of the word, at the power of this lightweight. With its 25.000 Pa for 160 AW, we have a rather impressive ratio compared to its weight. It is much better than the JV65 More and that the JV85, it's a real ball of nerves!
During "crash tests" with suction of large quantities of dust, hair, cat hair, small items, spread over a small surface of hard floor (tiles) and a thick carpet, he did very well. Not only is the dirt sucked up, but then the Fluffy brush comes to clean everything without problem. Surprisingly, it also works great on thick carpet, which the single scroll did not necessarily suggest.
To say that he is powerful is not very meaningful. Here is an example: if you put it in Auto mode on a level carpet, the brush head will turn so quickly that the vacuum cleaner will advance by itself. If you pull it towards you, it will go zig-zag, as if it were on a cushion of air. So be careful, because if you hold it too tight, by sticking it to the ground, the roller can get to safety and stop turning. In this case, it is necessary to switch off and on again.
The LED display of the Jimmy H8 Pro is very interesting. First, you will see the percentage of battery remaining and the suction mode used. There is also something new with the "H" range: there is 4 cleaning modes.
- Eco mode : the one that makes the least noise, sucks the least and uses the battery the least,
- Turbo mode : contrary to what the name suggests, it is the standard mode, with good suction and acceptable autonomy.
- Max Mode : to use on the most difficult grounds such as a thick carpet for example. The vacuum cleaner will run fully but the autonomy will melt visibly.
- Auto mode : this is the novelty of the range. The vacuum cleaner will adjust its suction force according to the floor on which it is. In fact, it is more a function of the resistance to the suction, but it comes to the same thing. It will go to max on a thick carpet, will stay in Turbo on a carpet and in Eco on a fairly clean tile. It is very good.
Having a visual of the remaining charge is very practical to follow the duration of use. Knowing that at 20%, the vacuum cleaner will automatically switch to Eco mode. Auto mode will be between Turbo and Max. With daily or twice daily suction, the average autonomy was barely 18 min, always with a motorized brush using the Auto mode exclusively. It's quite disappointing to have such a low battery life.
In terms of noise, we measured 78 dB in MAX mode and 66 in Eco mode one meter away. This remains in the average for products of this type.
It therefore made a very strong impression on us as you may have read, but there are things to improve such as the difficulty in sliding the nozzles and their quality (still the same problem on all vacuum cleaners of the brand). It is very manoeuvrable but leave it as much as possible in Eco mode because otherwise the fact that he walks alone because of his power can hurt his arm a bit. The dust container is also relatively small, requiring it to be emptied at most every two days. Also pay attention to the battery clipping system (on the back of the robot), the latter tends to unravel a little and you will have the F7 error causing the brush to stop. In this case, fully insert the battery.