No introduction Dreamer, the mark ofXiaomi Home ecosystem to whom we owe the stick vacuum cleaners Dreame V11 ou XR and which is now back on the robot vacuum cleaner market with its first reference equipped with a automatic dust collector : the Dream Bot Z10 Pro.
Announced with an adaptive power of 4000 Pa, a system of efficient obstacle detection, an autonomy of 2,5 hours, washer and vacuum cleaner 2 1 en and controllable with Amazon Alexa. Sold at a price of € 593, you can also find it on sale at around € 413 (from 10 to 13/08/2021 for example). Is it worth them?
Dreame Bot Z10 Pro: a robot vacuum cleaner with automatic station!
The brand always takes care of its packaging and that of Dream Bot Z10 Pro no exception. It comes in a fairly heavy and bulky box of 38 x 43 x 51,5 cm and more than 9 kg.
Black, white, blue and red, with a visual of the robot and its base, it is really successful and gives a real qualitative and upscale aspect. The main characteristics are highlighted on each side of the packaging. Inside, the various elements are wedged in cardboard inserts and recyclable plastic bags. Very good environmental choice.
Le Dream Bot Z10 Pro is a vacuum cleaner that may seem relatively standard in terms of design. But on closer inspection, there are some rather welcome details. Its shape is relatively basic with its 35 cm in diameter and 9,7 cm high for 3,2 kg, but it falls below the 10 cm mark, which can make the difference.
Shiny gray it will be less messy that its competitors who strive to dress their robot vacuum cleaners black. In terms of materials, we are using 100% plastic (mainly ABS and polycarbonate for the sensors). No finishing problem, the Dreame Bot Z10 Pro is really successful and exudes quality.
The front is not covered by a huge IR sensor but leaves room for 3 3D obstacle avoidance sensors. We are not here on simple infrared but on a more successful system. This front panel is also equipped with a bumper in a semicircle that will allow the robot to run into walls and table legs if necessary.
"The Dreame Bot Z10 Pro is really successful and exudes quality"
There is also another sensor on the right side: an edge sensor, to follow the walls.
On the back, no big water tank or dust bin but a solid surface with these ventilation holes. It looks pretty good.
Le Dream Bot Z10 Pro embark a External LiDAR, like most vacuum cleaners of this type. Associated to the SLAM algorithm and the various 3D sensors, the robot will detect obstacles up to 8 meters. He will avoid them by passing relatively close to them, but not as much as the 360 S10 for example. This system is very practical to avoid dragging socks, telephone cables… And in practice, it is rather effective, sometimes even too much.
The top has, in addition to LiDAR, 3 buttons:
- Targeted cleaning " square. »: A short press to start a concentrated cleaning on a square of 1,5 m side.
- Button " "
- Switch on by pressing for 3 seconds.
- Start a general cleaning with a short press and stop it in the same way.
- Color: white (cleaning in progress or finished) or flashing orange (error).
- Button " Home»: Press to send the robot to its base.
Under the hood you will find the 400 mL dust container. It is strangely bulky since the robot has an automatic collector. You will be able to see that it has a nylon pre-filter, not removable, and a HEPA filter. This HEPA filter will stop 99% of PM2.5 (we refer you to our Proscenic A9 air purifier test if you want to know more). The set can be removed completely to wash with clean water. The filter needs to be changed every 150 hours… and there is no advance.
But where it will differentiate itself from the others is that the emptying will be done through two holes on each bottom side of the tank to be even more efficient. And that's the case.
The underside of the robot is also full of surprises. We have two tires mounted on a cushioning system allowing it to manage height differences of up to 2 cm. Sufficient to make the connections between parquet and tiling for example. Especially since having vacuum sensors, there is no risk of launching into the stairs. It also has a side brush on the right side, that is to say the side that it uses to run along the walls. This brush has a lifespan of 200 hours.
There is also a 360 ° wheel located between the two loading pads. The Dreame Bot Z10 Pro has a 16 cm main brush in bi-materials. It does indeed include orange flexible plastic strips to hit the ground and take off the dirt and soft bristles to bring them back to the suction area. It is made for avoid hair and hair tangles. But it is clear that it does not always work. It is given to last 300 hours.
The protective grid, to avoid sucking up large pieces and blocking everything, has real front and rear squeegees to avoid leaving dust on the floor, especially when you are in low suction power. You will notice that there are two holes towards the rear half of the robot. These two cavities communicate with the two emptying outlets of the dust container.
But, if it's a 2-in-1 vacuum, where does the water tank go?
Well it's very simple, it will clip at the back, below. Do you see the two connectors on either side of the extraction holes? There it is. And to do this, the tank is really very thin and not very bulky. It does indeed only 1,5 cm thick for 150 ml. It's small but usage shows us that it's suitable.
The microfiber cloth (the only one supplied) is inserted into a channel and then scratched on the external part of the tank. Once clipped, the mop rubs on the floor, much more than other vacuum cleaners. This will allow minimal mechanical action and very good washing.. There is also a small roulette wheel so it doesn't hang around too much.
Regarding the automatic dust collector, we are in the presence of a beautiful baby. He does 48 x 40 x 28 cm for 4,3 kg. The design is reminiscent of the Ecovacs Deebot or IRobot Roomba i7 + with its access ramp allowing the robot to climb completely on it and not to drag on the ground.
The ramp also has two extraction holes. The thickness of the assembly therefore comes from the fact that the evacuation pipes pass through there and bring up the dust in a 4 liter bag. This will allow you to store 65 days of dust. There is a filter at the bottom, but no lead is provided.
The base also has an indicator light:
- White : connected,
- Slow flashing white : robot in charge,
- Flashing amber : bag full or not installed or error.
In terms of accessories, in its great goodness, Dreame offers you a vacuum bag in advance and a tool to remove hair and hair from the brush. NS !!
The first impression is excellent so far!
Dreame Bot Z10 Pro: the technical sheet
- Brand : DREAM
- Model : Dreame Bot Z10 Pro
- Origin : China
- Suction power : 4000Pa maximum
- Dust bin : 400 ml
- Water reservoir : 150 ml
- Variable power : yes, silent, standard, strong and turbo. Auto system that will adjust the power according to the ground. (carpet in particular)
- Variable water flow : Yes, 3 bit rates.
- Robot dimensions in mm : 350 x350 x 96,8
- Robot weight 3,2 kg
- Engime : 600 W
- Features : cleaning and washing, vacuuming and washing.
- Cleaning :
- Automatic ("all" in the application): cleaning of the entire map
- Cleaning of a selected room ("room" in the application),
- Area cleaning. In the application, select an area to clean by drawing a rectangle or a square and press start to start the cleaning.
- Surface : 250 m² with a load, in theory
- No-cleaning zone : yes, via the app. Rectangular in shape. There are also restricted areas not to pass when the vacuum is in wash mode.
Resume cleaning from the point where the last cleaning was stopped: Yes
- Virtual card : Yes.
- Filter type : HEPA
- TurboBrush : Yes, the robot will adapt the power to the type of soil.
- Navigate : by Lidar, 3D sensors and bumpers.
- Remote upgrade : Yes, OTA
- Brushless motor : Yes
- Cleaning planning : Yes
- Autonomy : 2,5 hours
- Charging time : 6 hours max
- Battery : 5200MAH Lithium-ion battery
- Voice operation : Yes with Alexa, via the Skill Dreame
- Application : Xiaomi Home
- Noise : 65 dB announced in turbo. During our tests, we found between 52 (silent) and 64 in max mode.
- Dimension of the automatic charging / emptying station in mm : 302 x 403 x 483
- Weight of the automatic charging / emptying station : 4.300.000 mg
- Power of the automatic charging / emptying station in mm : 800 W
- Noise from the charging station / automatic draining : 75 dB
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b / g / n 2.4 GHz
- Accessories : 1 vacuum bag and 1 cleaning tool.
The specifications are really very interesting: 4000 Pa power (where the competitors are generally between 2500 to 3300 Pa max), with automatic adjustment, silent, LiDAR and 3D sensors, 4 suction modes, 3 water flows… and automatic drain station! It has everything to please and we are on the true top of the range.
Dreame Bot Z10 Pro: installation and application
Dreame being part of the Xiaomi ecosystem, it is the Xiaomi Home application that you will need to use. After creating an account, you will be able to install the robot in a very easy way. Indeed, Xiaomi favors the Less Friction. To do this, turn on the robot and activate the GPS as well as the Bluetooth of your Smartphone.
To install the robot, start by pressing the "+" top right. And there, magic, the Dream Bot Z10 Pro is present, top left. You just have to select it, choose your network, authorize the connection to the Z10's Wi-Fi network and let it do the installation. Thanks to this, no 2,4 and 5 GHz split problem, it is done by itself. Finally, rename it and assign it a room. The name will be the one you use to control it by voice so stay humble.
The Xiaomi Home application is quite easy to use and the settings are quite complete, even if it lacks functions that we would like to have for this price range. Here is what they offer:
- Device settings : It is the most complete register. You can come and set the time zone, activate 3D sensors to avoid obstacles and manage the sensitivity, edit the voice package, activate the push notifications, allow the robot to do a carpet boost (adaptive power), resume cleaning in the event of a stop (to recharge, for example) except during the DND period (Do Not Disturb).
- Auto drain settings : you can decide when to activate the emptying of your vacuum cleaner. At each cleaning or every 2 or 3 passes. You also have the possibility to do an oil change on demand.
- Scheduled cleaning : very practical, you will be able to determine the schedules of passage of the robot. There are several modes.
- Cleaning range : choose whether you want the robot to go everywhere or in one or more rooms, as well as the order.
- Start time : I really have to explain to you?
- Repeat : define the days when the robot will come to do its office.
- Cleaning mode : choose the suction power
- Water flow adjustment : come and choose the flow if you decide to wash at the same time
- Cleaning history : see the passages made by your robot. You will also have access to the map showing the robot's progress.
- Maintenance schedule : follow the condition of accessories to know when to change them.
- Remote control : a virtual remote control. In short… never seen the interest.
- Locate my vacuum cleaner : tap to make your robot tell you where the rascal is!
In order to take full advantage of the Dreame Bot Z10 Pro, it is necessary to have your house thoroughly cleaned so that it maps it in detail. The rendering is rather good and detailed, even if it remains in 2D (but 3D for maps is prettier than anything else). You will be able to have up to 3 floors or different maps that you can modulate at will. So you can come cut it into pieces, merge areas...
To do this, on the main page, go to "Card management", bottom left and select your card. You will be able to rename the rooms. Corn rename is a big word because it is possible to associate them with a logo and a predefined name, and sometimes not too happy (why a roll of PQ for the laundry room and a toilet for the bathroom?)… To merge zones, select adjacent parts and click on "Merge". For the reverse, select " to divide " and draw a line on the boundary. It's that simple.
To select restricted areas, on the main page, select " no cleaning area ". From there, 3 possibilities are available to you. Either prohibited areas where the robot will not pass either restricted areas where it will not go into washing mode (such as carpets for example so as not to mop it). You also have a virtual wall that the robot will not be able to cross (to prohibit parts or complete parts of the housing). In the first two cases you will outline an area in the form of a quadrilateral, in the other it will be a line.
The settings from the home page are fairly standard:
- In charge or Station : to send it back to the base or to inform about the robot's status.
- Pause or Start : start cleaning after choosing in the 3 modes above:
- All : By selecting everything and pressing Play, the robot will start its domestic peragration throughout your cottage for a complete cleaning.
- areas : draw a rectangle that the vacuum cleaner will clean,
- Room (thanks for the translation) : select the room (s) where your robot will pass.
- Cleaning mode : choose the suction power and the water flow. But be careful, these settings are valid for all parts. It is not possible to make these settings piece by piece.
During use (and before restarting another cleaning), you also have a visual the cleaned surface, cleaning time and remaining battery. The map will also show the robot's path, its waypoints and the place where it is at time t.
The application is very successful and clear. Configurable at will, you can configure your cleaning as you see fit. Alright, but we would have liked to be able to adjust the water flow and the suction power room by room, as do vacuum cleaners in this price range or cheaper as a Yeedi 2 hybrid for example. That's a shame.
Use with Alexa :
Activate the Skill Dreame available in the store Alexa French. Please note, the identifiers to use are those of your Xiaomi Home application the Xiaomi Home Skill does not allow to control the robot! Once done, let the app search for compatible equipment. Your robot will appear in your application.
You can then integrate it into routines but also use it by voice. However, this will remain fairly basic: “ Alexa, turn on X "And the robot will start in auto mode or" Alexa, turn off X »And he stops but stay put like a fool without going back to basics.
Dreame Bot Z10 Pro: daily use
Several weeks of daily use of therobot vacuum allowed us to have a fairly precise idea of his qualities and faults, as well as his aptitudes.
Le Dream Bot Z10 Pro begins its cleaning cycle while passing on the edges of the zone (not necessarily of the part because it manages to divide it into 2 or 3). It will then clean the interior by going in S. So basically it goes up, it turns and it goes down. But be careful, he will not come back to where he has already intervened. That is, it will not flip over the edges. This is quite a shame because it happens that dirt is thrown and, in this case, it will not be picked up. It will therefore stop approximately 30 cm from the walls ...
On the other hand, it is very precise in the avoidances. It arrives fairly quickly on an obstacle, slows down and goes around it passing fairly close. Very well. It is therefore not the type to get into the legs of tables or chairs and wind up in the cables. Ditto, if it is not sure to pass, it does not engage under a piece of furniture. The logic of the passage is however quite hermetic. It will do the middle of the room, continue on one side to return at the end to another part almost on the opposite side. It doesn't get stuck in tight spaces or circling like a dog around its tail for hours at all. In the end, he goes everywhere and that is the main thing. On the other hand, it wastes time and is far from the fastest.
Let's talk about recognizing obstacles. She is very efficient... even too much! Let me explain. There is no problem to avoid obstacles, things lying around, and he finds his way around very well. The maps are very precise and it goes back to base without any hassle. But the problem is, if you have big clumps of dust or hair / hair, the Dreame Bot Z10 Pro will mistake them for obstacles and… avoid them !! Is our robot amatophobic ? No, it's just that its sensors are too sensitiveeven at low setting. During our tests, we did it 4 times to make him clean a very busy area, but fortunately not representative of what you will have at home ... normally. It is in any case astounding to see that ... even heartbreaking.
This raises the question about the quality of the overall cleaning. Rest assured, it is one of the most efficient that we have tested. We did some tests on normal ground (daily vacuuming) but on thick carpets and it is doing very well. The automatic power adjustment is effective and real. It goes very well on very thick carpets. Remarkably enough, on lighter carpets, it will not roll them into a ball. During the tests, we mainly used standard power (the basic one) with an excellent result. The floors are clean and neat.
What about washing? No complaints. The fact that the mop rubs hard enough on the ground allows a very good cleaning. Better than other vacuum cleaners, although still not worth the elbow grease. It is in any case a very good system. On the other hand, no washing mode in Y, which could have been a real plus.
The Dreame Bot Z10 Pro returns to base very easily and emptying takes about 30 seconds. The dust container is completely emptied thanks to its double extraction. Really impressive even if a little noisy.
The autonomy announced by the brand is there with 2,5 hours in basic power. Count 6 hours of charge on the other hand (but this is the average). Nevertheless, the robot is quite slow since it will only have completed 46 m² in 1h15! This is one of the slowest we have tested.
Voice use is available and it is always interesting. But it is very limited: turn on and off. So she is dispensable as long as the brand does not develop a real skill instead of this hastily hacked thing.
We invite you to see it in operation on our video (like, subscribe, it's nice):