After a Roland Garros 2021 successful, the teams ofAmazon Prime Video in France will have little time to breathe before moving on, here too for the very first time, with the Ligue 1 Uber Eats. A foray into football at 259 million euros per year that the e-commerce manager intends to succeed this year and that he was quick to announce the following program.
Prime Video announces its Ligue 1 match schedule
Amazon just announced his Top 10 Ligue 1 matches the broadcast of which will start on the sixth day, Sunday September 19 2021, with the eagerly awaited PSG - OL.
Si 80% of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 matches will be offered on the Prime Video platform, Amazon has come up with a selection of the top ten that we hope might just be offered to Prime customers.
Top 10 Ligue 1 matches on Prime Video:
It's the end of June, but a happy New Year anyway.
Here are our top 10 Uber Eats Ligue 1 matches, coming soon to Prime Video. pic.twitter.com/JaghPMbLSY
— Amazon Prime Video France (@PrimeVideoFR) June 25, 2021
How much will Ligue 1 cost on Prime Video?
To tell the truth, we don't have the slightest idea. Amazon has not yet revealed its intentions in this area and is satisfied to answer that " more details will be communicated in the coming weeks, before the start of the new season in August" page (in French).
Based on what is happening in Italy or the UK, the matches could be broadcast for free. Or almost… Indeed, it will obviously be necessary to pass at least by theSubscription Amazon Premium, which includes video on demand service, but not only.
Several options are available to Amazon :
- Increase your Prime subscription: this option should not be preferred by Amazon because it would quite simply risk causing it to lose customers, which is obviously not in its interest, and even less the aim of the operation which obviously aims rather at an acquisition ...
- Offer the top 10 Ligue 1 matches for free: this is a possible option in view of the announcement made on them. For 49 € / year or 5.99 € / month, then you would have the classics Prime benefits, but also the biggest matches in Ligue 1, and even in Ligue 2.
- Offer a Ligue 1 and / or Ligue 2 subscription: this is the most plausible option. As Vincent Chaudel, sports economist, explained to Foot01.com, “Mediapro cost more than 20 euros per month whileAmazon might ask only 2 or 3 euros extra. It's a huge difference ”. The system would then be to offer channels dedicated to the image of Prime Video Channels which already allow you to subscribe to OCS, MGM, StarzPlays or even Mezzo.
- Offer a team subscription: an interesting option that would allow supporters to follow their favorite team (s). A time proposed by some broadcasters, this type of subscription could resurface with Amazon who can easily implement such offers on their streaming platform.
- Fee-for-service : in the latter case, it would be possible to acquire a live match, for a ridiculous price, in addition to the Prime subscription of course.